A bi-monthly lunch for Knight Campus employees
Coming up! May 26, 2021 – please join us!
Knight Campus Inside Lunches will be held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month.
We are creating a research, innovation and education hub that attracts the best and brightest to work, study or visit the Knight Campus. Come join the conversation. All Knight Campus employees are welcome.
The goal of the Knight Campus Inside Lunch session is to learn more about what differentiates the Knight Campus’ mission and functions compared to more traditional academic organizations, including the UO, and help us foster a culture the goals of the KC. The reading for each lunch session provides background information that is relevant to the vision, mission and guiding principles of the Knight Campus. As you read the materials for each session, there are some questions you should keep in mind that we will use to begin discussion of the topic over lunch.
- How do the readings relate to the Knight Campus Strategic Plan? In what ways does the author’s ideas underpin or extend the approach described in the plan?
- In what ways do the author’s views differ from other approaches or organizational strategies that you are familiar with?
- What are the ah-ha ideas (or nuggets) that you took away from the reading that you can share with others to promote the Knight Campus mission?
- Thinking about your role in the Knight Campus, do the ideas in the reading give you new insight into how you (and the greater Knight Campus team) can achieve the Knight Campus' goals.
Information from recent sessions:
1/13/2021: Presentations from Khaila Carlstrom and Nathan Jacobs RE: Academic Programs/BIOE Joint Program
12/9/2020: 2021 Planning Session (no recording)
- Met on Zoom and SpatialChat for a collaborative brainstorming session on our 2021 approach to KC Inside Lunches
8/26/20: Story for Science with Mark Blaine of the Center for Science Communication Research
6/10/20: Working Relationships while Working Remotely
- 9 Creative Ways to Stay Connected to Your Coworkers When You're All Working From Home
- 10 Great Culture Building Activities for Remote Teams
5/27/20: Systems Thinking with a Focus on Leverage
5/13/20: Systems Thinking (continued)
- Beyond the Tip of the Iceberg: Using Systems Archetypes to Understand Common and Recurring Issues in Sports Coaching
- How to end the office fridge battle
4/29/20: Systems Thinking
2/5/2020: Design Thinking
- What is Design Thinking and Why is it So Popular? by Rikke Friis Dam and YUYu Siang Teo
- Tim Brown’s Ted Talk Titled: Designers Think Big
1/17/2020: Combining Basic and Applied Research
- Reading Materials: The New ABC’s of Research