The Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact is a $1 billion initiative to fast-track scientific discoveries into innovations that improve the quality of life for people in Oregon, the nation, and the world. The campus creates the intellectual infrastructure to establish Oregon as a center for both research and development, making Oregon a place where companies can start-up, grow, and stay.
Mission: Science advancing society
Vision: Dramatically shorten the timeline between discovery and societal impact through world-class research, training and entrepreneurship in a nimble scientific enterprise.
- Redefine the modern research university by fostering world-changing research unfettered by traditional academic boundaries
- Serve as the educational engine driving the new economy of Oregon
- Transform student education through discovery-driven learning
- Engage the public in the excitement and creativity of scientific research
- Foster diverse perspectives and participation in scientific research
- Improve the health and wellbeing of the citizens of Oregon, the nation, and the world